Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This is so much fun

I can honestly say that I've never been so excited about being a part of a church as I am with The Way. And I can also honestly say that I've never had so much fun working in ministry as I am working at The Way. And I've certainly never believed in a church as much as I believe in this ministry.

Every Sunday is a new treasure for me. Getting to actually take the time during our worship gatherings to communicate value to each parishioner while we engage them in the sharing of prayer material and our needs based ministries is something so precious to me. I can think of no better way to communicate true care and interest in each person than making time during our worship gatherings to hear from them on matters that are near and dear to their hearts. What a beautiful freedom it is to worship in an environment that truly values each person present. After all, how much impact can a sermon have if the preacher himself fails to give opportunity or listen when other people are speaking.

I'm so thankful to God for breaking me out of the mold that I had been in for a decade of church work prior to starting The Way. I'm thankful to God for the freedom of growing with a church family week to week as opposed to being forced to approach ministry as the task of growing up a church family.

I thank God for every Sunday. I thank God for every person present. I thank God for everything that each person contributes to our worship gatherings. I thank God for The Way.

Grace and Peace be with you.

No comments: