Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thanks for your prayers.


As many of you know, I was involved in a bad accident last Saturday. I was touring the property of Stonehenge in Acme, PA, being driven around in a Gator (see picture), when out of nowhere the driver of the Gator had a seizure and drove us over a 20 ft. embankment. Pretty crazy stuff...

I spent the better part of Saturday in the Emergency Room at Latrobe Hospital, and I've spent the rest of the week on bed rest. I have whiplash and a bruised spinal-cord. While I am in pain and dealing with some annoying numbness, I'm praising God that my injuries aren't any worse than they are. Think about it for a second...free-falling 20 ft., landing on your butt, bouncing in the air to fly at least another 20 ft. and walking away with the very minor injuries that I sustained. Can anyone say "favor"? I can.

Praise God I can!

I had my follow-up appointment with my doctor today, and he made it very clear that I need to take it easy for a while. In fact, it looks like I'll be spending the rest of the week on my couch (sigh), but I wanted you to know that I doing fine at this point. My doctors are confident that I'll be fully healed in a period of weeks, and I'll be back on my feet in a period of days.

So in the meantime, I just want you to know that I am deeply appreciative to those who have been praying for me, cooking for me, and visiting me. I'm thanking God for friends like you.

Take heart, my friends, Sunday is coming!
Grace and Peace

1 comment:

Эндий said...

im so glad you're okay pm. stay on that couch!! :)