Sunday, December 6, 2009

Coats for the homeless

The Way and Garfield Memorial UMC express their sincere thanks to all who helped make this coat drive a HUGE success. The video below shows some of the sites on the delivery nights. One note: it is illegal to disrtibute anything to homeless people in Philadelphia. On the first night of delivery the police showed up at Love Park with their lights and sirens on looking to take us all to jail. They ran out into the middle of the crowd yelling "who's responsible for this!?!" All of the homeless people just looked at me because my friends and I were the one who had delivered them. I looked at the cops and said, "Jesus is responsible for this." Upon hearing that, the cops immediately got back into their cars and left without any further question or comment. Yay God!!!



Grace and Peace be with you.

1 comment:

* said...

AMEN!!

I read your post and my heart sank when I read that it's illegal to distribute anything to homeless people.
How sad is that?

Your response to the police was inspired by God.

I'm going to follow your blog. You and your ministry will be in my prayers.

It's raining tonight in my town, and I'm enjoying browsing through Christian blogs from around the world. I love the internet. The world is at my finger tips. I can visit remote islands, or big cities, or villages on mountain tops and seaside towns.

If you have time I invite you to visit my blog, and a comment would be nice :) Jesus Hold My Hand