Thursday, January 21, 2010

Friday Night Fellowship Cancellation

Hello friends,

This morning I received the phone call from Nashville that I have been expecting for some time now. My dad passed away. As you may know, he has been seriously ill for the past 6 weeks following complications from an intestinal tear (among other issues). In short, I'm relieved to report that dad died quickly and comfortably this morning with my stepmother at his bedside. Over a period of about 10 minutes dad's heart rate simply slowed til it was no longer beating. There was no struggling or pain. The Lord was certainly merciful this morning.

I share this with you as my travel plans will cause us to delay our Friday Night Fellowship kickoff that we announced last Sunday. My family and I thank you for your understanding during this time. We look forward to kicking this off with you next Friday (Jan. 29th). In the meantime, we thank you for your ongoing prayer and support.

And one more thing, this Sunday is going to be a great one at The Way! Be sure to attend and bring a guest along with you. Come expecting great things as our church family gathers once again to focus on living the way of Jesus.

Grace and Peace be with you.

No comments: