Thursday, June 26, 2008

Some reasons why today was awesome

-I joined some Senior High students and made a visit to a local nursing home with them to fellowship and love on some of the patients...While we were there, one of the patients (who was about 80 years old) openly flirted with Bryan Joseph and me...it was one of the most hilariously uncomfortable moments of my life! That being said, Bryan and I have some unfinished business. We're gonna have to duke it out to see just who really is "the better man" for Ms. Hilga. She deserves the best! :-)

-Having lunch with Patty, Cletus, Nathaneal, Shelby, Abby, and Ashley...and learning that Ashley Riggle IS love...and then hearing her declaration regarding the latest Jonas Brothers movie, "THERE MUST BE KISSING!" Considering the incredibly loud volume in which she announced this to the entire restaurant, I didn't know whether to be frightened or impressed by the passion with which she spoke...for the record, I still don't know.

-Abby Muller brought me brownies...and they were really good!

-Thursday morning prayer group. We're still going strong. "It's prayer and Cocoa Puffs at 9am-dizzle!" Need I say more?

-I ate Chocolaty Lucky Charms for the first time ever this morning. Have you tried them? They're pretty much a bowl full of awesome!

-Cletus pointed out that King's Fest is only 12 days away.

-My wife was asked by a perfect stranger tonight why my infant son is named Israel. When Jean began to explain the story of Jacob getting a new name from God, the lady pretty much interrupted and told Jean the story before Jean had an opportunity to finish...that really blessed me. How often do you try to share something from the Bible with a perfect stranger who is not only interested in hearing what you have to say but also has some real Biblical literacy? Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I don't run into people like her often. That was really cool.

-Cate Thomas came home from France. Yay!!!

-Katie Brown told me that today couldn't possibly be as fun for her as yesterday was. (important facts: she and I hung out yesterday. she and I did not hang out today.)

BUT THE MOST AWESOME PART ABOUT MY DAY...

-Marley, my five year old daughter, made the decision tonight to ask Jesus to save her from her sins and be the Lord of her life. My wife, Jean, and I prayed with her as she confessed her sinfulness and her belief in the redeeming power of Christ's blood. We held hands as we sat on our living-room-couch and prayed with her. My heart pounded as though a complete percussion section were playing a full fortissimo inside of my chest as I joined her in prayer. I could almost hear the roar of Heaven in joyful celebration over the fact that my princess has begun her journey with Jesus. You know...working in ministry, I've had the great honor of praying with many people as they accept the salvation of Jesus Christ, but nothing comes close to the euphoria of being with your own child in the moment that they embrace His grace. I swear, as long as I live, I'll never forget the look on her face as she prayed that prayer tonight. Wow...THANK YOU JESUS!!!

I hope you had a good day, too.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: