Thursday, August 28, 2008

Blown away (For the Heart of Your King)

While I haven't been as frequent in posting here as I usually am, it's not from lack of trying. Believe it or not, I've sat down at my computer several times over the course of the last two weeks and stared down at the empty text-field on my blog page with full intentions of sharing my perspective on all that is going on with my ongoing sermon series here at Charter Oak Church...And, in spite of my best effort, I simply haven't been able to capture something that comes even remotely close to what is going on in my heart right now.

Over the past two weekends, I've received over a hundred different pieces of cardboard containing a written testimony of the difference that Jesus has made in someone's life, and, frankly, in many ways it's just left me speechless. These cardboard testimonies tell stories of salvation, liberation from addiction, the triumph of grace over failure, reconciled relationships, provision, and the impact of Agape love. Oh how He loves us...

And while my first intent of blogging about this sermon series was to recount the blessings and remember the "lessons", my greater aim at this point is to simply marvel at Jesus. While just three weeks ago, I was a follower of Christ. Now...well, now I don't even know how to say it...maybe lover of Christ is better, or bond-servant of Christ as Paul once put it...but still there seems to be so much more that those words fail to capture when facing the challenge of describing what's going on in my heart. I am with "I AM" right now in a way that I've never before experienced...that's all I know to say.

I, perhaps smugly, thought that the opportunity to teach this series was about getting to share the Word and Love of Christ with Charter Oak Church from the pulpit on three consecutive weeks in August, but I've been blown away with the awareness that God is using this sermon series, and His work in the people of Charter Oak Church, to give me new revelation regarding His Word and Love, new fellowship with Him. He's such a BIG GOD, and His love is unfailing.

This weekend marks the finale of this series. It's a message on perseverance. I hope that you'll come and worship with us. I'm anticipating great things. In the meantime, FIGHT FOR THE HEART OF YOUR KING!

Grace and Peace be unto you.

No comments: