Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A quiet time

I spent some time studying in my office this morning alone. I say "alone" because the church office is closed today because of the Holiday, and for that reason none of my coworkers are here. It's quite interesting to note just how peaceful my office is on a morning such as this. Charter Oak Church's admin wing is a surprisingly loud and distracting environment to try and get in any meaningful time alone with Jesus. But not this morning...I sat at my desk and centered on Jesus as I listened to the pitter-patter of the rain on my windows. As I stilled myself and leaned in to my Abba, I became so aware of His presence that I had to remove my shoes.

I share this with you today because I've been reminded that, over the course of the remainder of the day, some seventeen hundred or more people will be coming to Charter Oak Church to celebrate the birth of the Christ...and for many of them this will be their only trip to church for the entire year, yet God is waiting. He is patiently waiting for us all to separate ourselves from the crowds, go a little out of our way, and put ourselves in an environment without distractions so that nothing can invade our thoughts except for Him...God...Christ...the baby...the King...our Savior.

I dare you to lock yourself in a room alone with Jesus today. Even if it's only for 10 minutes of silence, I dare you to leave the crowd and all of the Christmas excess to behold the Christ.

The shepherds left their flocks to see Him.
The Magi left their lives to travel in from the East.
Will you give Him quality time today?

Grace and Peace be with you.

No comments: