Thursday, June 25, 2009

Random thoughts

The last 2 weeks of my life have flown by. I've put almost 1500 miles on my truck traveling. I've taken 16 job interviews, filled out 5 in-depth questionnaires, read 2 books, and rediscovered the importance of laughter...especially laughing at myself...It's been a period of lessons and laments, but here is a random sampling of my thoughts today:

- Marley and I have finally had enough quality time together that she is riding her bike without training wheels. Talk about unemployment benefits!
- I'm preaching this weekend in Cleveland, Ohio, to a very racially diverse crowd who shouts "amen" and "preach it" when they hear the Truth. It's gonna be fun!
- Chris Williams once told me, "Interviewing is an unnatural act between two consenting adults." Boy was he right about that.
- Jesus loves me. And Jesus loves you. I've never been more aware of that.
- Anger is tiring. Replaying painful memories is unproductive. Grace is enough.
- Somebody should tell the preacher that preached to me at church last Sunday that I got that second opinion he was talking about. And it's good.
- Jean and I had a meeting with some guys in Ohio yesterday who are so tired of merely talking about reaching people that they've actually started doing things to reach people...risky things...dangerous things...things that are guaranteed to fail if God doesn't show up in a big way. What a joy it was to chat with them.
- Blues and I are about to start building his tree house. And, if we end up moving, the tree house will move with us.
- What would happen if we moved our focus from practicing Christianity to falling hopelessly in love with the Christ of our faith?
- My neighbor's dog is a poop factory. Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder what they feed that thing.
- I've become convinced that what has been missing from my prayer life over the past several years was a sense of desperation. Over the last two weeks I've stopped "praying to God" and started "begging God" on a couple of issues. What a world of difference this has made.

That will do for now.
Grace and Peace

3 comments:

Эндий said...

I'm excited for you and that church in Ohio. If there was ever a crowd for you...THATS it. :)

timlittle said...

I thought you might be interested in learning about OUR Jewish traditions which embrace the real Christ. We are the Frankist Association of America. One of our members has a new book out:

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Messiah-Throne-Origins-Christianity/dp/1906787123/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245892844&sr=8-1

These are our teachings passed on through generations. If you can't afford the book you can see the website of one of our teachers - www.stephanhuller.blogspot.com.

Shalom

Beth El Jacob Frank

nefferyoj said...

We are rooting for you, Mark! I agree that you have had some amazing unemployment benefits :) God works in amazing, unexplainable ways! Wherever God leads you, just remember that you have the prayers, support and love of many that will follow!

You go for it and "preach it"...wherever you are!!! :)