Monday, June 15, 2009

To my students

I love you more than words can express. These last 4 years of ministry were a true joy for me. I want you to know that. I'm just as confused, surprised, and hurt by this as you are, but nothing of any great importance has changed...and by that I mean that Sunday is still coming. And until Sunday comes, you and I have a great work to do here. This is NOT a time for you to take a season off from church, and this is NOT a time for you to play the blame game. Though I am heartbroken that I will no longer be ministering to you at Charter Oak Church, you need to know that I EXPECT YOU to honor our history together by plugging in to the ministry this summer.

Get your butts to ABS.
Go to Revolution.
Go to Powered Up.
Go to prayer and Cocoa Puffs.

Our Student Ministry was never about me. It was about Jesus and His relentless love for us all. And that hasn't changed. It is my prayer that you will take this announcement of my employment ending as a call to "lean in" instead of a time to "walk out".

I love you. I love you. I love you.
You can hit me on facebook anytime, or you can reach me at my new email address:
markmcmahon58@yahoo.com

Grace and Peace

2 comments:

GrandmaK said...

I am so proud of you and will continue to pray for the path God is leading you on. God will make a way and it is going to be awesome!!

KAREN HOUGH, RN said...

We are all students of Jesus Christ...even those of us who are well into the 50 age set! Thank You Mark for always showing us Who to follow. Jesus is the One, Lord on High, that can take us to that resting place. Brother MArk, God promises and covenants to His faithful...We look forward to seeing HIS abundance of blessing in your life! Thank you for including me in your worship session; for you invited even the un-lovely! Alleluia!