Thursday, October 8, 2009

Some of the goings on

Friends of The Way,

I just wanted to drop you a line and bring you up to speed on a few things regarding The Way. Since they're not necessarily related to one another, I'll bullet point them for clarity.

*I have a new email address. Add this address pm@thewayministries.info to your contacts. This is the email that I will be using going forward.

*The Way is planning on having lunch together immediately following our worship gathering on October 18th. Jean will be making Chili. And, trust me, you don't want to miss her chili...it's AMAZING! Please mark your calendar, and plan on staying for lunch.

*We have 4 weeks in the books at this point. And I can't communicate enough just how excited and pleased I am with all that has happened. We've worked hard at building some community and developing a comfortable environment at our gatherings. Sunday mornings at The Way are a consistent image of comfort, joy, fellowship, and unity. We continue seeing new faces every week, and we've even been successful in helping some needy folks in what is such a humble time for us financially. This is such a blessing. We've started a church from scratch with literally nothing more than a willingness to be boldly obedient unto the call to do so. And after 4 weeks of having our doors "open", I can honestly say that we are doing well! Please join me in praising God for this! We are doing our best to be faithful to Him, and He is CERTAINLY being faithful to us.

*We're still seeing new registrations on The Common every week. If you haven't joined our community on The Common, it's not too late. Sign up when you get a chance. It is an AWESOME resource that helps us focus on keeping the needs of our community in front of us.

*A professional quality P.A. system has been made available to The Way free of charge. This is a great addition to our worship gatherings and a true answer to prayer. As I metioned at our gathering last Sunday, the books on church planting in many cases tell you not to start your chuch until many items (such as a P.A. system) have first been acquired. I've always felt led of God that if we would simply walk in the manner that God has called us to walk then He would provide everything that we need. And He has...and He has even provided it to The Way free of charge. Can anyone say AMEN!?!

*Over the next month The Way will be focusing on the development of small groups across our community. There will be much more shared about this on Sunday mornings. But to put it in brief, just as the first century church kept to the practice of gathering in one another's homes, breaking bread, and praying together, we at The Way will be doing the same. Would you be in prayer about opening up your home on a somewhat regular basis to some friends from The Way for some food, laughter, and prayer? More to come on this...

*There is much to do at The Way. In fact, our "to-do" list is quite lengthy behind the scenes. To address that, I am putting together a small group of leaders to meet with me once a week to help me accomplish the tasks at hand. I'm calling it a "dream team" because it will be with this small group of people that I will work on realizing some of the dreams that God has given me for this church. I'm heavily in prayer for this team. This is crucial to our development going forward.

*And finally I ask that you continue being in prayer for The Way and that you continue inviting your friends to come and worship with us. This past month of worship together has been such a sweet and God-centered time. I've found such joy in getting to know the people of The Way, and I've been truly blessed by all that God is doing in our midst. I am convinced that God has big plans for us, and we have a phenomenal future ahead of us. Hopefully, I'll see you Sunday! Until then...

Grace and Peace be with you.

www.thewayministries.info

1 comment:

Zachary Levickas said...

Praise God about the PA. ive been reading some of duffys stuff about callings. He makes a (biblicaly solid) point that God will continue to bless us when we follow his call and that the knowing is in the going. Im praying for you and the way. may God continue to bless and guide You.