Monday, September 8, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl (a post for men)

I had the immense blessing of attending a Promise Keepers conference in Cleveland, OH this past weekend. For the record, I've been to 7 PK conferences in previous tours, and I've even worked on PK's executive team that put on the PK conference in Nashville back in 2005...so I have lots of history and research invested in my next comment:

This was by far the best Promise Keepers event that I've ever attended!

Every speaker hit it out of the park. The music was perfect for an event of that nature, and the "entertainment" was first-rate. Heck, even the food was better than in years past, but I'm not really focusing on any of that as my "take-away".

Rather, I am chewing on the content of a CD that I picked up while i was at the conference. It is a recording of a "Father and Daughter" seminar that Mike Silva did. Mike was one of the presenters at PK, but his personal ministry is global evangelism...anyways...Mike is married and has 4 daughters. His tag line on that fact was, "Men, I have a wife and 4 daughters. It's always someone's 'special week' at my house, so don't even try to tell me that you got problems!" That was said "tongue in cheek", of course.

The seminar CD that he did is called "Daddy's Little Girl". It is a little more than 2 hours worth of SOLID GOLD. I listened to it this morning before diving into my work day, and I can't get it out of my mind. This guy candidly shares life lessons, wisdom, and personal testimony about all kinds of things that scare most dads to death when it comes to thinking about their daughter(s) and "life"...he shares in a manner that I've never heard anywhere else and with a Biblical authority that I've never heard before on this topic. Simply put, if you are a father of a daughter, then I have a seminar CD that YOU need to borrow from me.

*I say "borrow from me" because it's not available on the internet or in stores.

Trust me, men, you need to hear this. If you would like to borrow this CD, then shoot me an email at mmcmahon@charteroakumc.org.

Grace and Peace be unto you.

1 comment:

GrandmaK said...

I am so glad for your wonderful experience this past week-end. I will always be indebted to PK for leading Tim to Christ and a changed life. I just wanted to add once a Dad to a daughter ALWAYS a Dad to a daughter. The older your daughter gets the more "critical" a Dad becomes and sometimes that can cause a lot of hurts. I would love to hear the CD too but only after all the Dads have listened. I pray you are refreshed and energized. God bless you and all the roles you fulfill every day.