Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Regarding "getting out of the boat" and walking on the water...

...a quote by Gregg Lovey.

"To sinful patterns of behavior that never get confronted and changed,
Abilities and gifts that never get cultivated and deployed-
Until weeks become months
And months turn into years,
And one day you’re looking back on a life of
Deep intimate gut-wretchingly honest conversations you never had;
Great bold prayers you never prayed,
Exhilarating risk you never took,
Sacrificial gifts you never offered,
Lives you never touched,
And you’re sitting in a recliner with a shriveled soul,
And forgotten dreams,
And you realize there was a world in desperate need,
And a great God calling you to be part of something bigger than yourself-
You see the person you could have become but did not; You never followed your calling. You never got out of the boat."

Takes my breath away...

Grace and Peace

2 comments:

Sam said...

ayi, bapi, this gave me goosebumps. lovely, wonderfully butt kickingly fabulous.
<3sammi

waltersfs97 said...

this is huge. dude, check out my last post in my blog.
I mean, "exhilarating risks never taken"? this is what I want to do.