Monday, November 17, 2008

A November sprint


It's funny really...I spent most of October laid up from my accident, and now November feels like a constant stream of activity. I went from resting to sprinting. Just last week I preached a revival service at a friend's church, spoke at a seminar at Leadapalooza for our Conference Youth Ministry Team, led worship at that same Leadapalooza, and taught confirmation class as well as my A.B.S. group. It was a busy week.

It's beginning to make sense to me now why God pushed me to read through the Bible twice as I was healing back in October. To put it bluntly, those two turns through Scripture have given me a lot to share. Otherwise, I may have already been so creatively drained that I would probably be hiding from the world and trying to refresh. But, glory to God, I'm actually quite good right now. I got a good night's sleep last night, and I'm ready to face another week.

But this week isn't going to be any easier.

The Youth Musical is scheduled for this weekend. And that means a number of dress rehearsals throughout the week. I'm also preaching for the entire congregation this Sunday. In fact, it's shaping up to be one of those weeks that only Jesus can really walk me through. Maybe that's why I've titled this weekend's message "Just Jesus". At any rate, I'm happy to report that I'm alive and well. My family is well. Jesus is alive and well, and November, though insanely busy, is shaping up to be MUCH better than October.

If you have some time, would you please raise up a prayer for this weekend. The students have been working hard on this musical, and I am incredibly excited to see them perform. Pray for them as they go through their final days of rehearsing. And pray for me as well as I prepare to preach "Just Jesus". This is going to be a great week. To God be the glory!

Grace and Peace

No comments: