Sunday, February 15, 2009

A push

I ended Powered Up tonight with a "push" for the students who were present. We began our marketing of the Winter Retreat a couple months ago by challenging each student to bring two unchurched friends to the retreat. And many of the students have done well in answering this challenge. Still others have struggled. Tonight I felt the leading of God to give the challenge one more reminder in the form of a million dollar push. I simply told the students, "If you knew that your friends were going to receive a million dollars at next weekend's retreat, you would find a way to get them there. You would either persuade them or drag them along kicking and screaming." And then I simply reminded them that the amazing love of Jesus makes a million dollars seem like pocket change.

It may seem silly, but that's how I see it. At Charter Oak Church we are DEEPLY committed to reaching the lost. We understand that our ministry is to love God, love our fellow man, and love the world. The staff of the Student Ministry does our absolute best to train up our students in this way of thinking. Tonight it manifested itself in comparing a million dollars to the priceless love of Jesus.

Students, I know that many of you who were present tonight will read this blog. Who among your friends needs this invitation from you? I've already said it, but I'll say it again...if it were a million dollars, you would do whatever it took to get your friends there. Simply put, you've got a week to make it happen.

So go make it happen.
Take the step.
Extend the invitation.
Don't take "no" for an answer.
Much, much more than a million dollars awaits them.

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PM -
I'm still working on a few people and this has really inspired me to try harder.
I simply cannot wait for the retreat.
These next 3 days are going to be loooooooong.