Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sprinting

So it's that time of the year again. The first few weeks of February are historically the busiest weeks of my year. Why?...the Student Ministry's winter retreat is coming, and there is much to do. That is why I haven't blogged much lately. But I spent the day working offsite at Panera yesterday, and I got caught up on everything. So I'm taking the time to blog. Here are a few things that are on my mind:

1) Roughly half of the students who have signed up to attend this retreat have indicated that they have no church affiliation. When I realized that I was excited, humbled, driven to pray, and determined to present the Gospel in a manner that they will be able to understand. And simply put...I'm ready. And my staff is ready. Even with tears rolling down my cheeks as I type this blog, I know that we are so ready. I'm ready to see my staff do what they do best. We're collectively ready to love the unlovely, and we're ready to see a whole bunch of teenagers have their lives gloriously ruined by Jesus. Would you PLEASE keep this in prayer.

2) This year's prayer labyrinth is the best one yet. It's gonna be awesome!

3) Karen Hough and Karen Phillips have been knocking it out of the park with preparations for the retreat. Thank God for you, ladies. I love and appreciate you so much!

4) Kiersten Beagan will be teaching at Powered Up this Sunday night. I'm truly excited about what she's going to bring to the table. It's always special when one of our students steps up to the plate to share the Word of God.

5) Chezla, thanks for being my guinnea pig, especially when it hurt.

6) I'm going to sleep like a baby Sunday night, February 22nd.

7) I'm still asking for prayer regarding this matter.

8) The Student Ministry is asking our congregation to borrow 60 walkman style CD players for our Winter retreat. We need them for the prayer labyrinth that we are doing. The CD players will be returned to their owners promptly after the retreat is over. If you have one that we could use, please bring it to church sometime between now and next Thursday. Please have fresh batteries in it, and clearly put your name on the CD player. You can give it directly to me or drop it in the box at the receptionist's desk.

9) There is a student who reads this blog who has recently asked for prayer. To that student...the prayer team and I got your request. Know that we are holding you before the throne. And know that we are SO proud of you.

10) Sunday's coming. I can feel it...

11) When I think about what I do for a living, my heart beats fast. I love that!

12) I wonder if the woman ever came back to pick up her water jar...or was her excitement so great that she left it for good. (Read this)

Grace and Peace

3 comments:

Эндий said...

I won't be home before retreat and I guess Zaq is gonna pick me up here and take me directly there.

Is there anything I need to know about the happenings before I show up at that place we go to?

You know my number...
and my email is alt31@pitt.edu
And you know my facebook
And you know my myspace
I think you have everything it takes to contact me :)

Sam said...

oh my. that last one gave me chills. i hope she left it there. i think she did. i think she was so overwhelmed that she had no choice but to forget everything that happened before that fateful meeting, and to run forward, away from everything she was before that moment.

KelleyD said...

gloriously ruined by Jesus ???

I think it should be gloriously transformed by Jesus !! He has them on that potters wheel. He will be throwing out the bad pieces of clay, and with his loving hands, reshaping them into the glorious pieces of art that we already see in them. They just need to see it themselves !!!