Monday, February 2, 2009

Today I'm wrestling...

...with a question that Perry Noble asked in his blog post yesterday. Here is the question:

Will you do whatever it takes to get one step closer to Jesus?

Think about it for a second. Will you go where He sends you; do what He asks of you; sacrifice anything and everything...just for one single step closer to Him? Wow...

I desperately want to be closer to Jesus. But, if I'm honest, I don't know that I'm always willing to do what it takes to take that next big step. And yet that next big step is so crucial to my ongoing development in Christ. It's that step that will get me over the hump, further along the path, and praising in a new way.

Father change my heart and make me willing, and make all of us willing to do whatever it takes to get one step closer to Jesus. AMEN

Grace and Peace

1 comment:

Zachary Levickas said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaXMkJfW-k0

At first i was a little turned off by this video but then John Piper drives it home. If you havent seen it. i recomend it. it affected me and my buddy big tonite. keep chuggin allong on the straight and narrow brother. grace and peace.