Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Thursday

Hello friends of The Way,

A little heads-up...as it turns out, I will be doing some traveling this weekend, and we have to cancel this Saturday's prayer meeting. Please mark your calendars accordingly. In addition to that here are a few things currently dancing through my thoughts:

-I'm still working on venue details for our first worship service. This item needs your prayers. We currently have two locations actively discussing a partnership with The Way for Sunday morning worship. Both of them would be wonderful homes for our purpose. Please pray hard that God would open the Heavens and grant us favor on this matter.

-September 13th kicks off our first Sunday morning gathering. Mark your calendars!!!! We'll begin at 10:30am.

-I just heard a preacher say yesterday, "We as Christians are faithful to pray for rain, but we're not so faithful and trusting in the power of God to actually carry an umbrella along with us in the steps that follow our amen." Unfortunately I've been guilty of praying in the manner that carries with it no expectation... That simply has to change...so...in the meantime...I'm gonna literally carry around an umbrella with me everywhere I go until it sinks in to pray like God is about to open the Heavens for me.

That may seem silly...but I'm done praying sissy little prayers. How about you?

-It was brought to my attention that some people have sent mail to The Way's post office box only for it to be returned to them stating "no such address existed". That problem has now been rectified by the Post Master. Our address is: PO Box 361, Latrobe, PA, 15650

-I visited a friend this morning who is a wood-worker. He is currently fabricating the chalice and platter for The Way's communion elements. As I shared with him the vision for The Way, he designed a platter and chalice for us that are gonna be breath-takingly-first-century-Acts-church-like. It's simple. It's wonderful. It's plain. It's perfect. It's ugly. It's authentic to what they used 2 thousand years ago. Not gonna lie, it was a pretty emotional experince for me. I can't wait for us to share the Eucharist, the good gift, together.

Grace and Peace be with you friends.

No comments: