Thursday, January 10, 2008

Reminder

I need to be reminded. I really do...
I need to be reminded that the tomb is empty.
I need to be reminded that there is power in the blood.
I need to be reminded that the purpose of the cross is to heal me and not to condemn me.

I need to be reminded every day.

I need to be reminded that I have been seated with Christ in heavenly places.

I need to be reminded that our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

I need to be reminded that His grace is new every morning...is amazing...is sufficient...is freely given...

I need to be reminded to breathe. I really do...

I need to be reminded that Jesus is my all-sufficient Savior...is a Healer...is enough...is the Lover of my soul...is my Rock of Refuge...is a nail in a sure place...is surely with me right up to the very end of the age...is my Advocate...is covering me in blood, holy blood...

Oh, it seems like I wouldn't forget, but I need to be reminded...desperately!

I need to be reminded that this place is not my home.
I need to be reminded that, even though I am walking through the valley of the shadow of death, I'm doing just that...I'm walking THROUGH it. I'm not stuck here. I'm not setting up camp here. I'm not drawing any lineage to this place. I'm not gonna spend much time in this valley. I'm not going to try to grow roots in this valley...I'm walking through it, and I need to be reminded of that.

I need to be reminded that better is one day in the courts of the Lord than a thousand days elsewhere. For truly, I'd rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

I need to be reminded that He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that I could ever hope for or imagine according to the power which is at work in me.

I need to be reminded that I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live...the life I live in the body I live by faith in the one who gave His life for me.

I need to be reminded to love.
I need to be reminded to forgive.
I need to be reminded to trust.
I need to be reminded to hope.
I need to be reminded that You are in control...Sovereign, Almighty...

It seems like I wouldn't forget, but things aren't always as they seem...

God, show me today the Way the Truth and the Life, and please show me again tomorrow.
I'll need to be reminded...

1 comment:

i am not said...

dude this is awesome.
i need to be reminded.
I want to remember every moment that I have jesus.

I need to be reminded that even when I am weak, even when I can't breathe, even when I'm ready to quit, even when the sun isn't shining, even when this world falls apart, I need to be reminded that I AM is unchanging. I simply need to be reminded in my "i am not state that I AM is right there. And that the Earth is FILLED with his GLORY! covod :)

thanks for reminding me dude.