Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wow...

Currently, I, along with the rest of the Senior Management Team of Charter Oak Church, am attending the DRIVE Conference at North Point Community Church in Atlanta Georgia. To quote Andy Stanley, the host of this conference, "DRIVE is about letting North Point's staff pour out everything they know about ministry into us so that we may go and pour it into others."

I tell you all of that to get to the real point of letting you know that Session 1 kicked off with one of the most incredible times of worship that I've ever experienced. Imagine standing shoulder to shoulder in a church that is packed like sardines with 2,300 ministers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ...and then imagine singing this song with them. I swear to you, the crowd was singing so loudly and passionately that I couldn't hear the vocals coming through the sound system. There were blacks, whites, latinos, europeans, males, females, people of all ages...all sinners saved by amazing grace...

As long as I live, I'll never forget what that sounded like. I'm convinced that in those moments I heard the roar of Heaven...

I've said it a thousand times, and I'll say it thousands more...it's not average grace that God extends to us in Jesus. It's not adequate grace...not even abundant grace...no, no, no...it's amazing grace! Grace that is sufficient...grace enough for you...grace that saved a wretch like me...

It is my hope that His amazing grace and glorious peace invade your day today.
Hallelujah
Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I found myself in a similar situation when, through a series of "what are the odds" circumstances, I found myself 45 minutes outside of Sydney, worshipping with United at Hillsong's main campus. It was a service for their volunteers and leaders...they've got probably 3000 of those! It was such an awesome night of worship and teaching - passion was written all over that place.

Look forward to reading about the conference!

Mark McMahon said...

That's awesome!!! I would LOVE to worship at Hillsong's campus with United. Color me a little envious.

I hope all is well with you down under!

i am not said...

O my goodness. Is this the same recording that you have on your iPod that you had me listen to at ASP? Because if you do have that on iTunes, I NEED IT.

I'm excited to hear about the conference! I didn't even know you were going! Will you be around this weekend?