Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Way: at face value

Dear friends of The Way,

Here's some old news, I'M PUMPED ABOUT THE WAY! In fact, I'm so excited that I can't keep a steady train of thought in my head tonight. So here is a random sampling of what's in my head:

The Way got a P.O. box today. Our mailing address now is P.O. Box 361, Latrobe PA, 15650

Some friends of The Way have spent the past two days helping with renovations in my garage to convert it into an office for me and Jean. We're making great progress...and having loads of fun! Thanks for the help!

Someone asked me today about the financial committment of The Way. They said, "I'm blown away that this church is gonna give 50% of its budget away to the needy. I think its so great. But tell me, why would you do this? No other church I've ever heard of has done this." I replied first by asking them on behalf of the church of Jesus Christ for forgiveness for not being more generous in stewarding God's money in a manner that gives it to the people who need it most and then said, "God has laid it on our hearts to put our church on a shoe-string budget so that needy people in our community won't have to." She cried a little and then asked me how she could make a donation to our ministry. :)

Our first Sunday morning worship service is getting close! September 13th at 10:30 am. Mark your calendars friends!!!!!!!!!!

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had to get thrown into a fiery furnace to enjoy the company of an angel. Peter, once walking on the water, had to get far enough out of the boat to sink before he got to hold the hand of Jesus. And Paul had to endure a thorn in his flesh before he understood the sufficiency of grace...it makes me wonder...what will the risk and challenge of starting this new church reveal to us about our Lord and His work in our lives. This is a bold act of faith. It's a risky move. It's kind of crazy really...It's just the kind of thing that God historically has used to create a greater fellowship with His people...that makes me excited! I desperately want to know Him better and love Him more. Anyone with me on that?

A laptop has been donated to The Way. YAY!!!

It could be said that I'm addicted to prayer right now. I've been praying for The Way and this community and the friends of The Way so much over the past few days that it's started to consume my thoughts. Could this be what Paul meant when he talked about praying without ceasing...? Anyways, I ask you to be in prayer, too. Could you help me hold The Way, our needs, our gathering times, and our people before God in prayer? For the Lord, our God, is faithful, and He will do it!

Thank you all for your many emails, texts, etc. of encouragement. Each one of them is a huge blessing!

I wonder if we all just took God's Word at face value if we would ever have a single worry or fear ever again...this is the kind of faith that I see in The Way.

Goodness...I'm so excited about this!

Grace and Peace be with you.

No comments: