Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just Jesus

There’s just one thing I want, and that’s more of Jesus. That’s right…I just want more and more of Jesus. My only prayer is that I would quickly diminish…that everything of me and inside of me and upon me would fade away into the beauty that is Him.

Lest I miss my potential…give me Him.
Lest I live in sin…give me Him.
Lest I forget that which is most important…just give me Jesus.

Oh that love would become my lifestyle…
Oh that servant-hood would define my day…
Oh that I would be captured, captivated, enthralled, dumbfounded, stupefied, astounded, and dominated by grace…His grace…sufficient grace...amazing grace...

Lest I lose sight of my homeland…
Lest I settle for mediocrity…
Lest I glory in another…
Lest I forget Golgotha…
Lest I miss my miracle…
Lest I decide to stay yet another day with Pharaoh…JUST GIVE ME JESUS!

I don’t want another…no substitute will do…Just Jesus...

His blood, shed
His cross in tow
His grave yet empty
His Word ever true
His rod and staff still comforting
He, Him, Emmanuel, My Savior...He is all I want

My banner is clear...
Nothing else will do...
This world has nothing for me...
Just Jesus...
Just Jesus...

1 comment:

i am not said...

This is totally publishable. just thought I'd let you know :)