Thursday, January 8, 2009

40 Days of purpose: Day 1

As you may have read in an earlier post, the Senior High ABS groups began their journey into forty days of purpose this week. Our first meeting to kick this thing off went really, really well. That being said, I'm committing to do this with them and complete the daily readings from Purpose Driven Life, and, as a means of keeping myself accountable to that, I have decided to blog and share some brief reflections about the daily readings. So...without further delay:

Day 1 - It all starts with God.

"It's not about you." That's the first sentence of this chapter. While I've read this book several times before, there is still something very new about this concept...my life, my dreams, my to-do list, my time...it's not really mine at all. In this chapter Rick suggests that the reason that so many people struggle with finding the purpose for their life is simply that they begin at the wrong starting point..."themselves"...Could it really be that our biggest stumbling block to God and His divine plan for our lives is the fact that we are so immensely self-centered? It makes sense.

God help me, and help us all, to be courageous enough, to trust you enough to put you first in our lives. Even before ourselves...especially before ourselves. In Jesus' name, AMEN.

Grace and Peace

No comments: