Friday, January 16, 2009

40 Days of Purpose: Day 9

Day 9: What makes God smile

Rick writes, "The smile of God is the goal of your life."
Amen...

That's all I really want. I want to live everyday of my life knowing that my Abba smiles when He thinks of me. I want to know that I carry myself with such Christ-likeness, and deal with others with such love and care that He beams with love and pleasure over me. Nothing else matters.

Nothing else matters at all...

Rick gives these thoughts about what makes God smile:

God smiles when we trust Him completely.
God smiles when we obey Him wholeheartedly.
God smiles when we praise and thank Him continually.
God smiles when we use our abilities.

Early in the Bible the life of Noah is used for us as an example of a life that God smiles upon. It says that Noah walked humbly with his God, and as a result Genesis 6:8 says, "That the Lord was pleased with Noah."

God, may we all live in such a way to truly please you. May you look upon us all and smile. In Jesus' name - AMEN.

Grace and Peace

No comments: