Tuesday, January 20, 2009

40 Days of purpose: update

Dear ABS group,

You'll notice that I have stopped blogging about our "40 days" journey together. I want you to know that I made the decision to stop blogging about our daily readings because so many of you told me that you were using my blog as an alternative to our daily readings from Purpose Driven Life. In which case, here comes some friendly accountability:

YOU DUDES ARE LAZY!!!!! :)

Stop copping out, and go do your daily reading. Today is day 14. It takes all of about 10 minutes to do. If you don't do the daily readings God is gonna "bless you" with sudden, uncontrollable flatulence the next time you have a hot date. So go do it! Get it done! It only takes 10 minutes!

I know; I know...you were busy...blah, blah...stream of lame excuses...yada, yada...

Don't forget that we're gonna throw a party at the end of this whole thing...a jubilee, in fact. But it's a party that we're having because, in the words of the father of the prodigal son, "We had to celebrate." Don't let yourself down. You're not that busy. You can totally find 10 minutes to read everyday...heck, you can do that while you're pooping. Come on, christianos, let's make it happen!

And remember...Jesus loves you.
Grace and Peace

1 comment:

Laura M said...

Mark, I freaking love you.
I, by the way, have totally been reading :D

-Lorris