Monday, January 12, 2009

40 Days of purpose: Day 6

Day 6: Life is a temporary assignment

Rick Warren writes:

"To make the best use of your life you must never forget two truths: First, compared with eternity, life is extremely brief. Second, earth is only a temporary residence. You won't be here long, so don't get too attached."

This is easily one of my favorite parts of this book as I re-read it so far. It reminds me of Paul's words, "But our citizenship is in Heaven..." (You can read that Scripture in context HERE.)

This quote from Purpose Driven Life also reminds me that...

...my problems aren't as big as they seem.
...my eternity is far more important than my life here.
...my troubles are momentary on the grand scale.
...my God is BIG...POWERFUL...INDESCRIBABLE...

As has become my practice in closing my blogs with a prayer during these 40 days, I know no better way than to do it through Scripture today.

"LORD, Remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered and that my life is fleeing away." Psalm 39:4 (NLT)

In Jesus' name - AMEN

Grace and Peace be unto you.

No comments: