Friday, January 16, 2009

40 Days of Purpose: Day 8

Day 8: Planned for God's pleasure

Rick writes, "The moment you were born into the world, God was there as an unseen witness, smiling at your birth. He wanted you alive, and your arrival gave Him great pleasure."

Today's reading has opened up a whole new thought process: God wants me here...alive...and growing up in Him. And watching that process gives Him great joy. It's kind of tough to fully wrap my mind around that. There's just so much of my life that isn't joyful...comfortable...or even pleasant, at times. But watching me live and love and grow is something that God, my Abba, loves to do. In fact, Revelation 4:11 says that my very existence brings Him pleasure.

This is something that I need to work hard to accept and remember. The fact that my God made me to be His delight is something that I believe...but it's hardly something that I've fully embraced.

God, please help me to know the joy that I bring to you. Remind me every step of the way, Lord, that my very existence is something that you set into motion for the very purpose of your pleasure. In Jesus' name - AMEN

Grace and Peace

No comments: