Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My new church: convinced

I'm so excited about my new church. I've been on the phone with friends from all around the country today. One of them just wanted to find out what our needs were at this point, and another took time out of his VERY busy schedule to pray with me. That may not sound like much, but it meant the world to me in that moment. As I wait for the IRS to do their thing in processing my application, there's just one thought that keeps resurfacing in my mind. This thought....I've never been so convinced of anything in my life as I am of God's call and timing to start this church here in Latrobe. In fact it reminds me of something that I heard at a conference recently:

France Chan said, "If you've heard from God, drown out all of the other voices."

I thought that was good advice when I heard him say it at Thomas Road Baptist Church back in May. Little did I know that it would become one of the most important pieces of advice I would ever receive for this effort of planting a church. There are obstacles. There are nay-sayers. There are all kinds of uncertainty, but I've heard from God. There are no guarantees in this. There are huge risks in this, but I am convinced. God has marked me for this. He has called, and the time is now. I got goose bumps as I typed that. :)

Hey, have you checked your schedule regarding our interest meeting? The RSVP's are coming in steadily. Have you sent yours? Here are the particulars:

Date - July 28th
Time - 6:30pm-8:30pm
Location - My house, 210 Irving Ave, Latrobe
Email your RSVP - markmcmahon58@yahoo.com

Keep up the prayers. God is hard at work!

Grace and Peace be with you.

No comments: