Thursday, July 16, 2009

My new church: it ain't rocket science

"It ain't rocket science." That's what I was told today by a church planter who has agreed to mentor me through this process. He planted his church 3 years ago from scratch, and today there are 450 people in attendance. He said the most important thing is to "forget everything I've ever been told the church should be, and cling to what God has said THIS church should be". And that's where I'm at on this...I'm marveling at the picture that God has given me for this church. I'll share more with you regarding that vision as I go forward, but, for now, I'm just letting Jesus captivate me with it. I want to hear so clearly, listen so intently, and commit so entirely to what God has for this ministry that I never step off course. That's my heart's desire for this. Will you keep praying with me about this?

Grace and Peace be with you.

No comments: