Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Way: a letter

The new church (now known as The Way) had its interest meeting on Tuesday night, and it was a huge success. Here's how one person described her experience at our meeting:

"Wow...I could say "wow" a thousand times and not come close to expressing how amazed I am by this evening with the McMahons and everyone else that came to hear what he had to say.

It is truly amazing how God works! If I had to come up with a list of my most obvious "God moments"...this evening may be number one...atleast I have never been so blown away, excited, and literally in shock all at once as I was as I heard Pastor Mark speak of the vision he has been given for this new ministry. Oh my goodness...it was awesome! As I sat there, I felt like my smile would never again leave my face, like my heart was going to explode, like I was literally going to jump out of my seat in praise of God...and even like I was going to break down in to tears....what an amazing mix of emotions...all because of Him.

When God places a burden on your heart, a vision within you, a call upon you....that is amazing to experience as it is...but when you finally see it all coming together within one speech...now that is indescribable!

From God placing a certain vision of a ministry that He called us into over 4 years ago, to hearing literally EVERYTHING we have felt God saying to us being spoken through Pastor Mark this evening...Wow, Wow, WOW!!! I am not surprised by how God has been working in our lives in order for this to be, but I am honestly in shock! I knew that God wanted us to be a part of what He is leading Pastor Mark in...but I didn't expect it to literally match every core purpose we have been striving for in the ministry we felt led to begin...Things like that only come from God....miracles like what are happening as this is all growing only come from God....peace that covers you and makes it clear this is where you were meant to be all along can only come from God....It is beyond doubt, beyond words, beyond the scope of anything we could ever have imagined...God has worked miracles, is working miracles, and will continue working miracles!

What an amazing feeling it is when you know you are headed to where God wants you, when you know that the paths you have taken have led you to where you are, when you know that all along, you were being led to The Way...the way, the direction, the purpose that He wanted all along...and it is only just beginning!"

If you missed the meeting and would like to be added to our mailing list, please email your info to me at:
markmcmahon58@yahoo.com

Grace and Peace be with you.

1 comment:

KAREN HOUGH, RN said...

Mark,
i am giving GOD thanks for all that will be done in HIS name!...So sorry to have missed the fellowship and to hear of God's plan in you. My parents were in town (that happens once in a blue moon) and so God gave me that time with them. When and at what time does your worship service/fellowship at the top of the Eiseman building begin?? Peace, KEREN HAPPUCH