Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In her own words

This is a blog post from one of the students who was present last Sunday night. I thought you might enjoy hearing about it from her perspective.

Tonight was a good night.
I laid on the floor of the church and talked to God. It felt good.

I went to youth group and we spread out in the room so that it would just be us and Jesus. Pastor Mark started to sing. I made the songs my prayers. I asked Jesus to make this a big night for he and I. So I'm singing and I'm singing and I'm praying and I'm singing. And all of a sudden, it was just like WOOSH. Jesus inhabited my body. It didn't belong to me. I wasn't me. I was filled to the brim with Jesus. It was so powerful that I couldn't breathe. No, I really could not breathe. My lungs didn't work for about 45 seconds. They just didn't work. I couldn't breathe. I started shaking everywhere. I felt like I was going to pass out. I'm really surprised I didn't. It was so powerful that I honestly thought that I might just fall over. And then it felt as though a band aid was being ripped off of my skin. Like, you know that real sharp feeling? That momentary sting? Yeah, that's what it felt like. With that pull, my walnut crumbled to pieces around where I sat. The shattered remains of it laid before me. The walnut that had held me down for so long was gone at last. I am free. And it brought the air back into my lungs. I gasped for air. I gasped and I gasped and I breathed in new air with new lungs. It was as though I was taking my very first breath. I sat there on the floor and shook and gasped and cried. No, actually I bawled. And I sat there for a while just breathing Him in. Yaweh. I stood up and took communion as a new Katie. The first thing that the new Katie tasted was a bite of Jesus. And it was so.. so good.

It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever experienced. Ever. I have never in my life felt so light and free. I am free. He has freed me from myself. My name is Jabez, but I AM NOT PAIN.


Oh praise the one who paid my debt
And raised this life up from the dead

No comments: