Friday, April 11, 2008

Lunch with Doug Fields

In late May Pastor Dave and I will be traveling to Lake Forest, California for a ministry conference at Saddleback Church. Saddleback Church is the ministry home of many of my heroes: Rick Warren, Kurt Johnson, and Doug Fields to name a few.

So when I found out that I was definitely going I began to pray for an opportunity to meet with one of these heroes of mine, and the Lord came through bigtime! It was just confirmed to me that on May 21st I will be having lunch with Doug Fields!

Now you may have no clue who Doug is, so let me give you some perspective. In Star Wars terms, Doug Fields would be Master Yoda. In basketball terms, Doug Fields would be Michael Jordan. Seriously, the guy is the Pastor of the biggest student ministry in America. He's written some of the most important books ever written regarding youth ministry, and the whole "purpose driven" concept originally came from him...that's right..."purpose driven" started in Saddleback's Student Ministry long before Rick Warren ever wrote a book about it (little known fact).

I'm sharing this with you today because I truly see this as a blessing from God that I want to make the most of. Would you please keep this meeting in prayer? God's given me an hour with one of the greatest minds in ministry, and I want to soak up as much as I possibly can. Here are some specifics that you could pray for:

1 - that God would give me the questions to ask that I and Charter Oak Church's Student Ministry could benefit most from
2 - that the meeting would be protected from distractions or cancellation
3 - that Doug and I would both be mentally and spiritually ready to dive in to this conversation
4 - that this meeting would bring some new insight regarding ministry in general
5 - that Doug would be greatly blessed for sacrificing his time for me

Thanks so much for your prayer cover!

Grace and Peace

No comments: