Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a tough week

Yep, true to form...I predicted it in my last blog. This has been a tough week. The enemy is ticked off at me, and the attack is well under way. But let me just go on the record to say, "I'm doing fine." Despite the long hours, tough conversations, and high stress, Jesus' blood never fails me.

That felt really good to type, so I'm gonna type it again.
Jesus' blood never fails me!
Jesus' blood never fails me!
Jesus' blood never fails me!
Jesus' blood never fails me!
Jesus' blood never fails me!

You know, on a week like this there are a few things that I make a point of reminding myself. I've felt the leading of the Lord to share them with you here as it might help you to see my "anchors in the storm"...or at least be good therapy for me to type it out. So here goes, when I'm under the enemy's attack I make a point to regularly remind myself that:

God is in control.
There is no scheme of the enemy that confuses God. There is no attack that surprizes God. And even at the highest level of warfare, satan is at the lowest end of authority. Can I get an "amen" to that?

God is on my side.
In this epic battle between Jahweh and satan, God (Jahweh) protects His own. Oh, the enemy may come after me with plans to steal, kill, and destroy, but God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in times of trouble. "What then shall we say to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31 God is on my side!

Christ is the Victor.
The enemy may prowl around LIKE a roaring lion (1 Peter 5:8), but Jesus IS the Lion. He's the Lion of the Tribe of Judah! In short, satan is a poser, a wanna-be. Even when he is at his strongest, he must bow to the divinity of Christ. The Apostle Paul put it like this, "...at the name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven, and on earth, and UNDER THE EARTH..." (Philippians 2:10) That verse helps me to realize that the devil is nothing more than a schoolyard bully who's about to get his comeuppance. Jesus is the Victor! Hallelujah!!!

I am His beloved.
Like a husband protects his bride; like a father protects his family; like a mother-grizzly-bear will rip you to shreds if you mess with her babies, I AM HIS BELOVED. And His love for me sets me apart. And His love for me causes Him to meet my needs. And His love for me is gentle when I'm hurting, incessant when I'm straying, and ferocious when I'm in danger. Oh, if you want to pick a fight with God, then mess with one of His beloved...He simply will not stand for that.

This is not a fight against my fellow man.
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:12) Therefore, I am called in Christ to not hold a grudge, begin to hate, or even personally engage in this battle. No...the war is Christ's to win, and "The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still" (Exodus 14:14) Which is why He tells us, "Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

I hope this helps you in your moments of attack. I'll leave you with one of my favorite verses on warfare: Isaiah 41:13

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,'Do not fear; I will help you.'"

No comments: