Thursday, April 17, 2008

Random thoughts on a Thursday morning

1 - Tasty Cake chocolate covered donuts are like the breakfast of champions...at least for a fat guy like me.

2 - My cousin Cooter (affectionately known as "The Coot") is quickly becoming a celebrity among my students. Viva la Coot!

3 - I received a phone call from an old friend last night who spends more time reading the Bible than anyone else I know...they called me just to tell me, "The juice is worth the squeeze." I don't know if you believe in "prophetic word", but I do. And this one was timely and needed. God is good.

4 - Jessica Saenz's inner blackness is dark like midnight.

5 - After a day like yesterday, I'm convinced that Jeannie's boyfriend was telling the truth. She was too good for him. She would have never done that to him...but then again, I guess we all make mistakes.

6 - I spent my quiet time in Proverbs 3 today, and I noticed the word "all" a lot. "Trust in the Lord with ALL of your heart...In ALL of your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." "All" is hard for me, but I really want to get better at it. Please pray for me in this.

7 - Last night something really cool happened. In the middle of "CHILL" I was asked to come into the chapel and pray for a young woman who is being deployed to Iraq in coming weeks. I half-heartedly invited our students to leave their game of ultimate frisbee to come and pray with me thinking that one or two might actually come...Imagine my surprise when EVERY student dropped what they were doing to come with me to pray. Keeping in mind that half of the students who come to CHILL have no relationship with Christ, I was absolutely floored. It was a beautiful experience. I wish you could have seen the look on the lady's face when a roomful of teenagers showed up to intercede for her...Priceless!

8 - The interviews for our summer internship get underway this Sunday. We have some great candidates. This is going to be tough.

9 - My wife and I have made some changes to the way we pray for one another. It has made all the difference in the world to me. I love that woman so much!!!

10 - I got a letter from my Compassion kid yesterday. Her name is Angel Mae, and she lives in the Philippines. Her father needs a job so that the rest of her family can afford the most basic necessities of life. Will you join me in prayer for him?

Grace and Peace to you today.

No comments: